Translate

Monday 30 July 2012

Went up to Tromso

Breidtinden from Svarthola on the Mefjorden
Then it rained and so I went for a drive to Tromso. It wasn't a straight forward drive, mind you. For example, I spent quite a long time on the isle of Senja hoping for a break in the weather so that I could tackle its highest top of Breidtinden.











Tromso looks like a frontier town.
It has a Polar Museum though. Not sure, as a vegetarian, I appreciated the way it hero-worshipped men and a woman who had slaughtered hundreds of polar bears and seals. However, there was a section devoted to the truly heroic Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen and Roald Engelbregt Gravning Amundsen.
Fridtjof Nansen
I have been aboard the legendary Fram (in Oslo) on a previous visit to Norway and was genuinely pleased to find it was possible to do so. So I enjoyed this part of the museum greatly - especially as it gave me a chance to see another musk ox.
















Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment